CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS CONSULTANT – Career Opportunity
CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS CONSULTANT
Are you a controller or accounting manager with a construction industry background? Have you been through one or more software upgrades/implementations? If you are looking for a new and uniquely challenging role, we have an exceptional opportunity for you to consider.
Our client is a boutique CPA firm comprised of talented professionals who work to live, rather than live to work. Their approach has enabled this 100-employee local firm expand and meet the needs of their team while helping their sophisticated client base grow and achieve their goals. The firm’s vision is to be large enough to provide clients with expert advice and leading-edge solutions and small enough to provide them with the highest degree of personalized attention and service.
Position is responsible for the review and improvement of operating processes and IT mechanisms specific to the Construction Industry.
- Advise on the design, planning, and installation of IT systems for clients.
- Provide recommendations on appropriate software, systems, and hardware.
- Installation of new software.
- Conduct trainings for end-users.
- Preparation of test plans and test scripts for system testing.
- Provide support during upgrades and implementations.
- Has working knowledge of construction related accounting principles such as job costing, overhead burden, retainage, allocations and WIP schedules.
- Has working knowledge of general accounting principles such as AP, AR, general ledger and payroll
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in construction systems consulting to equal 5 years.
- Experience in a help desk or customer support environment
- Basic experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Basic experience with various reporting solutions Excel, SSRS, MR, etc.
- Basic experience with macros and simple programing.
- Familiarity with industry needs and systems.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skill.
- Ability to meet client expectations in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze, solve and debug technical problems across multiple platforms.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
Our client provides an exceptional benefit package, including: excellent compensation, generous PTO and healthcare, a 401(K) with company match, a hybrid work option and a fun, collaborative culture where you can grow and develop your career.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.