SENIOR AUDIT AND ASSURANCE ACCOUNTANT
Location: Minneapolis Suburbs
Our client is one of the top-rated CPA firms in the Twin Cities. They have a need to add a Senior Audit and Assurance professional to their A & A team.
We are searching for a senior auditor to take over the management and oversight of auditing projects for our auditing team. In this role, you will be tasked with ensuring the efficient completion of accurate audits, reviews, and compilations. You will manage a team of staff accountants and maintain levels of auditing quality and financial accuracy for the company.
To ensure success as a senior accountant, you should have extensive experience in auditing procedures and be confident in delegating tasks to other members of your team. A top-notch senior accountant should have significant project management and auditing experience and be comfortable leading auditing projects of various sizes.
- Planning and designing financial statement projects and necessary tasks to be completed for Audits, Reviews, Compilations, and Preparations.
- Assigning roles to various members of the auditing team.
- Ensuring standards of quality and accuracy are maintained in audits and other financial statement engagements.
- Meeting with management and stakeholders to discuss findings and audit outcomes.
- Developing strategies for junior auditors to improve their work outputs.
- Overseeing staff and acting as a middleman for team needs and requirements.
- Assisting in the auditing process as and when required.
- Submitting audits and reports in a timely manner for further analysis by management.
- Remaining up to date with developments in relevant legislation and the field in general.
- Reporting auditing issues and assisting in resolving them.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- CPA certification
- At least 3 years’ experience as an auditor, with a working knowledge of different accounting software.
- Knowledge of GAAP and internal control measures.
- An in-depth understanding of tax, business compliance, and financial regulations.
- Knowledge of project and team management principles.
- An eye for detail and the ability to analyze large volumes of data.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to a challenging role with a variety of projects
- Flexible work arrangements
- Robust benefit package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, 401K with company contribution, prepaid legal and identity theft protection
- Highly competitive salary and bonus package