Our client is a non-union construction labor sub-contracting firm operating out of West St. Paul, Minnesota. They provide skilled construction labor in the areas of light demolition, wood frame carpentry, interior and exterior finish carpentry, paint, and drywall to remodeling, custom home building, and small-sized commercial contractors. Now in its tenth year of operation, our client is a stable and profitable company, poised for rapid growth.
The Accounting Specialist is an important member of the Accounting and Finance department of the organization, whose primary responsibility is to manage all accounts receivable and work on special projects. The Accounting Specialist reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
- Corporate accounts receivable for specific operations to include invoicing, monitoring, and recording payments, working with clients, A/R Aging accuracy, and monthly cash reconciliations.
- Reconcile unit level cash and accounts receivable transactions.
- Perform accounting entries timely, accurately and comply with proper accounting standards.
- Look for and provide solutions for discrepancies or accounting inaccuracies.
- Operate software programs for accounts receivable.
- Prepare bank deposits and assist with credit card payments transactions.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Assist in any initiatives for receivables collections.
- Assist with month-end close process including bank, credit card and other account reconciliations.
- Ensure that all accounting activities meet the highest standards of accuracy, integrity, and compliance with company policies.
- Run errands as needed related to the business operations.
- 2-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, 4-year preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in accounting and/or finance
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers
- Goal-oriented team player committed to quality and detail
- Critical thinking and problem resolution skills
- Integrity in job, respect for people
- Ability to handle confidential information and records appropriately
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive thinking and attitude.
- Adaptability – Willingness to change with our clients, our model, and our people.
- Continuous Development
- Diverse Thinking and Acceptance
- Detail Orientation
- Customer Orientation
- Results Driven
- Treats All People with Respect
- Sees Opportunities in Challenges
- Does What’s Right
- Accountability and Ownership of Work
This position is ideal for someone with a basic understanding of accounting and a focus on accounts receivable. Someone who is bright, ambitious, and interested in learning and growth could have an opportunity to develop and expand their role substantially over time.
The company offers a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, a Health Savings Account, medical, dental, vision, group life, and short- and long-term disability insurance and a 401(K) plan.