The Applications Specialist is responsible for providing support of software, including configuring new software,
altering or improving software, troubleshooting issues and planning and testing upgrades. The person in this role
will provide consultation, support, documentation and training to end-users. Additional support and input to the
Technology Committee may be required.
- Provides support of software, including configuration, maintenance, and support.
- Identifies potential solutions and assesses them for both technical and business suitability.
- Participate in system integration and network analysis activities.
- Documents solutions in a way that will assist staff who encounter similar problems in the future.
- Conducts training on new or existing software for optimal use.
- Keeps up to date with technical as well as industry sector developments.
- Integrates software capability updates into firm policies and procedures and trains on them when necessary.
- Ensures that budgets are adhered to, and deadlines met.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- May maintain hardware and software inventories.
- AA or Bachelor’s degree in MIS, technology-related field or business-related field.
- 2 years of experience in applications or support.
- Experience with PC hardware and software is required.
- Experience with Microsoft products is required.
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of software to effectively support firm’s technical needs.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and software including printers and scanners.
- Working knowledge of several software programs and data interfaces.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflicts between technology and business objectives.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities with work projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
|Job Category||Information Technology|