Our client has one of the lowest turnover rates of any accounting firm in the Twin Cities. Their commitment to employee engagement and development ensures an opportunity for lifelong success in a fun, flexible and rewarding environment. They are looking to fill a key role within their construction group.
The Construction Consultant is responsible for the review and improvement of operating processes and IT mechanisms
specific to the Construction Industry.
- Advise on the design, planning, and installation of IT systems for clients.
- Provide recommendations on appropriate software, systems, and hardware.
- Installation of new software.
- Conduct trainings for end-users.
- Preparation of test plans and test scripts for system testing.
- Provide support during upgrades and implementations.
- Has working knowledge of construction related accounting principles such as job costing, overhead burden, retainage, allocations and WIP schedules.
- Has working knowledge of general accounting principles such as AP, AR, general ledger and payroll
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in construction systems
consulting to equal 5 years.
- Experience in a help desk or customer support environment
- Basic experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Basic experience with various reporting solutions Excel, SSRS, MR, etc.
- Basic experience with macros and simple programing.
- Familiarity with industry needs and systems.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skill.
- Ability to meet client expectations in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze, solve and debug technical problems across multiple platforms.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
|Job Category||Accounting, Audit, Information Technology|