POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, one of the largest lighting and controls agencies in the Midwest, has created a new position for a Human Resources and Accounting Coordinator. This important role is
responsible for supporting Human Resource services, primarily in benefits administration,
new employee onboarding and a variety of general administrative Human Resources
tasks. This position also includes assistance to the Controller with certain financial
accounting and bookkeeping tasks, with the opportunity for additional HR and/or
financial responsibilities to be introduced with gained experience and knowledge.
- Periodic updates to employee handbooks with department managers.
- Maintain personnel records, PTO recording process and other information
within employee benefits portal.
- Lead all onboarding and orientation of new associates including
distribution and management of enrollment materials based on eligibility.
- Manage and communicate the annual open enrollment process and
- Assist associates with benefit claim issues and changes to plans including
- Monthly reconciliation of billing charges from benefits vendors,
administration of COBRA benefits and corporate compliance reports.
- Assist department managers in managing and appropriately
documenting performance issues, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Assist with payroll processing and expense report reimbursements utilizing
SAP Concur.9. Assist accounting with various tasks including basic entries in QuickBooks
recording invoices and vendor payments, reconciliation of manufacturer
commission statements and generating periodic financial reports.
- Facilities management – Liaise with building landlord regarding utility
issues, temperature controls as well as service and maintenance issues.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or Human
Resources preferred or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of previous experience in human resources, office
administration, and/or bookkeeping.
SKILLS: – Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
– Attention to detail, strong organizational and time
– Strong ability to master complex tasks with minimal
– Professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
– Self-starter with ability to appropriately manage multiple
projects with discernment on how to prioritize.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITY: Responsible for the duties listed above plus other duties as
Reporting to Controller
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
- Fast-paced and fun work environment that rewards success
- Flexible work schedule including remote work options
- Competitive base salary with bonus potential based on experience
- Comprehensive benefit package as well as 401(k)
- Paid Time Off based on experience
- 9 ½ days of Paid Holidays
- Office hours 7:30am-4:30pm Mon-Fr